In Seven Days Around The Web #85
This week on In A Pavilion: After this week flew by incredibly fast, I spent my Saturday relaxing (I didn't even leave the house!). Today, I'm going for a bike ride along the river, followed by a visit to the cinema to finally see the new James Bond film. Next weekend, it's already the first advent – how is Christmas already so soon?! In regards to Christmas content, you can expect this year's gift guide to pop up within the next week. Until then, enjoy this week's edition of In Seven Days Around The Web.
- As the days are growing darker and shorter, I love to start my mornings with a bowl of porridge. Elle UK has compiled a list of some quick and delicious recipes.
- With the colder climate and the stark contrasts between heated flats and offices and the frosty outdoors, our skin can suffer. That Grace Girl shares her go-to skincare heroes.
- Opinion piece: Should illustrators be treated like designers? It's Nice That asks and readers answer.
- I still haven't managed to go see Saoirse Ronan's latest film, Brooklyn, but I'm all the happier to be able read this quick interview with her on Elle UK.
- Let's talk politics: According to The Guardian's George Monbiot, David Cameron has no idea how his cuts are affecting the public.
- An New Yorker article you should read just for its funny title: Houseplants for D.I.Y.ers who have killed too many houseplants.
- Tiffany and Dover Street Market are collaborating (a first in Tiffany's history). The New York Times reports.
A blog to add to your reading lists: Avec Journal by art historian Vanessa Miller. I seem to keep stumbling over great new jewellery brands these days and Commun Muse is no exception. I have my eye on their beautiful hoop earrings. The search for the perfect pyjamas might finally have come to an end with The Sleeper. Add these to your Christmas wish lists! And as if that wasn't enough, I also happened over new suitcase brand Away Travel. Founded by two of Warby Parkers former executives, it's set to become the 'it' suitcase of next year.
That concludes this week's roundup. You all have yourself a lovely Sunday afternoon.