In Seven Days Around The Web #81
This week on In A Pavilion: It's my first 'proper' weekend after a long week of working. So I've been applying more than one face mask, already drunk a big pot of tea in candle light and am planning to spend my Sunday making tomato chutney and going for a walk (followed by watching the rugby).
- Nigel Slater shares two autumnal pear recipes that I'm most definitely trying out for myself, on The Guardian.
- Stack asks Cereal Magazine's founders, Rosa & Rich, about the joys and sacrifices involved in creating their latest issue.
- A new study shows that the soaring London housing prices are sucking cash out of the economy and increasing the risk of the capital becoming a no-go zone for staff, reports The Guardian.
- Illustrator Rose Blake has been on my radar since she visited my university for a lecture years ago. This month, she's hosting her first solo exhibition in London. AnOther Magazine's Liv Siddall interviews her.
- (German) Meine Freundin Aida hat für ihre neue Serie 'Conflict Cuisine' ein authentisches mexikanisches Restaurant, Agüyevo in Friedrichshain, ausfindig gemacht. Bei Munchies könnt ihr jetzt den Artikel lesen und meine Bilder anschauen.
- Bridie aka Maison Ellis has finally shared this delicious-sounding recipe for spicy vegetable and peanut soup – which might just end up being my dinner tonight!
- That Grace Girl's blog post are a regular feature here. Her 'Get The Glow' feature addresses winter's ultimate beauty trend: the glow from within.
- Another one from Grace, because you all know I have a thing for scented candles.
- Summer might be over but that doesn't mean you can't crack out the gin from time to time. Toast shares a recipe for what can only be described as the ultimate punch: lemon verbena and elderflower gin punch.
- For The Guardian, Nigella looks back on the best (and worst) meals of her life.
The most beautiful jewellery I have come across in a long time (and most definitely on my wishlist): Alighieri. | Who doesn't like healthy snacks for on the go! Lou Whitehouse's blog is a new favourite of mine, via Dot Daria. | Aussie artist Ondine Seabrook creates colourful paintings and shares them via her Instagram. Oyster Mag met the artist for an interview. | We all know the struggle of wearing shirts under warm wooly jumpers. Seulement en Detail make beautiful mock shirts and I currently have my eye one the denim one with the crystals.
Happy weekend everyone!