In Seven Days Around The Web #79
This week on In A Pavilion: Excuse the silence, I'm currently at my parents' house in South Germany. Next week, I begin a new job – and therefore a new chapter in my life – so a little break in the countryside seemed like the perfect thing to do beforehand. There's nothing like long hikes through the Black Forest and Vespa rides through vineyards to prepare you for a new challenge. The above image was taken during a 5-hour-long hike from one mountain to another in the Black Forest – can you spot the Alps in the background, deceivingly looking like clouds?
- Carola of Vienna Wedekind takes us on a 48-hour-long excursion around Zurich.
- (German, but give an online translation a go:) If there's one format that gives insight into a blogger's beauty habit, it's the 'Empties' post. Primer & Lacquer shares her recently used up products and adds a few items on my wishlist.
- Cate of Cate St Hill always goes on the most exciting holidays, both in the UK and abroad. Her recent trip to St Mawes in Cornwall has most definitely made me long for a Cornish summer holiday next year.
- Manifattura interviews one of my hero photographers, Brian Ferry.
- Sexercise – how I turned my sex life into an exercise routine, on The Cut.
- Laura of Chambray & Curls spent her honeymoon in Sicily. On her blog she discusses the island's charm and gives some tips that will come in useful for anyone wishing to visit Sicily.
- The lovely Beth of Ginger N' Roses has given her blog a great new design update and included In A Pavilion for her 'Blog Shelf' feature – thank you for including me and writing such kind words, Beth!
- I'm a big fan of Anna's blog By Her Mirror. She always manages to put her thoughts into eloquent prose and her new feature 'The October Project' is no exception!
- (German) Die Beauty-Talks von Siska auf ihrem Blog Klischee sind immer ein Highlight meiner Leseliste. Diese Woche stellt ihr Swantje Bernsmann Rede und Antwort.
- My first translation for my new job: As the communications manager of sleep brand Muun and its magazine Lucile, I will be in charge of social media, as well as working on new and exciting content with the talented Mirna Funk. For now, a little write-up on Jasper Johns and his painting "Flag", which came to him in a dream.
And that commences this week's roundup. Let me know what you got up to and if you have anything else to add.