In Seven Days Around The Web #74
This week on In A Pavilion: Excuse the delay and one week hiatus of the blog – the past seven days were filled with wedding preparations for my boyfriend's sister. Being part of the wedding of two of my favourite people was an incredible experience and the internet and social media had to step aside and make room. Today, the hangover is slowly subsiding and life is returning to normal – even though I'm in the UK for another week. Here are the past two weeks' internet highlights, all in one place for your perusal.
- (German) Ein Artikel, den jeder lesen sollte: Kooyes Gedanken über Kreative und warum sie nicht überflüssig sind.
- Everybody loves pancakes on the weekend, so this recipe for pancakes with blueberry compote by Bonjour Luce will definitely come in handy.
- I always enjoy re-reading The Gentlewoman's articles and this interview with Phoebe Philo from their first issue is by far my favourite.
- That Grace Girl discusses skincare taking you from day to night.
- Cocktails are the perfect drinks to enjoy on a hot summer evening and these recipes on the Need Supply blog look delicious.
- A thought-provoking article by Stella McCartney about the fashion industry and sustainability, on Business Of Fashion.
- Me & Orla never disappoints with her blog posts: You don't need to instagram your washing up.
- I ate a delicious lemon and lavender cake in Arundel this weekend and this recipe for Lemon and lavender yogurt cake from The Telegraph looks like a similar version.
- Another recipe I must try out soon: Top With Cinnamon's chocolate hobnob biscuits.
- My friend and fashion design talent Charlie McLelland has a new, updated website. Go and check it out!
- (German) i-D stellt das spanisch-japanische Label Shoop mit einem Interview mit den Gründern und einem Fashion-Shoot vor.
- Beekeeping is all the rave these days. The Garden Edit visits Barnes & Webb, a London-based beehive rental company and raw honey manufacturer.
Anna of By Her Mirror shares a surprisingly simple, yet very beautiful DIY tutorial for a seashell hairclip – what a great purpose for all those shells everyone collects during summer holidays.
That's it for now. I'll be updating you about the latest happenings on here very soon!