In Seven Days Around The Web #73
This week on In A Pavilion: Happy Sunday everyone! Berlin's become an unbearably humid place where thrice-a-day showers are a necessity and trips to nearby lakes a luxury. Because it looks like today will be no exception I best get to it!
- Shocking news from Iraq and Syria: The New York Times reports on the Islamic State enshrining a theology of rape in conquered regions of both countries.
- Not at all what it seems: The Guardian's Patrick Kingsley sheds ten truths about Europe's refugee crisis.
- An interesting article by Dan Shure on Instagram analytics on Evolving SEO.
- Speaking of social media, Daria of Dot Daria shared her thoughts on the subject and encourages us to go offline more often.
- Purple.fr published some beautiful analogue snaps of Santorini by Kennedy Magazine's Chris Kontos.
- The two girls behind The Curious Pear visited food author Mina Holland (read my book review) at home, for Food52.
- Kate of Ghostparties has launched a stationary shop on Nouvelle Daily.
- My friend Zsuzsanna interviewed ceramicist Matthias Kaiser for The Garden Edit.
- The lovely people at Sight Unseen co-published my interview with artist Justine Ashbee.
- Author Sally Hughes shares her experience of taking in a rescue dog, on The Pool.
- The Guardian's Hadley Freeman discusses why Vanity Fair's best-dressed list is by far the most deranged.
- That Grace Girl's latest Grace Notes includes some beautiful, travelbug-inducing images from her holiday in France, Spain and Portugal.
Melbourne-based designer Hilary Faye Sloane shares some images of a trip to India, on Anyone Girl. Beautiful pottery from Jacob Bodilly. Finally some stylish running apparel: Tracksmith (via Inattendu). After sharing an article about Daphnis & Chloe from the NYT last week, I can also highly recommend their blog full of delicious recipes for all seasons.
A film that's been on everyone's mind these days and which I have watched twice already, The True Cost. I urge you all to go and watch it for yourself and have a more mindful approach to fashion in the future.
Let me know what you think and what you've been up to this week!