In Seven Days Around The Web #72
This week on In A Pavilion: What an exciting week! After publishing my interview with weaver and artist Justine Ashbee on FvF on Wednesday, the week flew by and before I knew it it was Saturday and I was dipping my toes into a cool lake. Berlin in the summer truly is a joy – except for those hot bike rides in the city! Today is all about some much needed TLC – both myself and my home need a bit of a once over. Read on to get your fix of this week's internet highlights.
- Bonjour Luce shares a few books she's been reading recently.
- Photographer Rachel Kara spent a few days at the Cottage Kanagaroo Valley and took some beautiful images, making me yearn for some relaxation in a cottage in the countryside.
- 101 Cookbooks just posted a quick summer drink round-up on her blog.
- (German) "Was passiert, wenn man mit zu viel Gepäck reist? Man wird geköpft." – so beginnt C'est Clairettes neuester Artikel, diesmal über das Packen.
- 'It's not climate change – it's everything change: Margaret Atwood wrote a thoughtful piece for Medium.
- A great piece on the minimalism trend by By Her Mirror that is bound to make you think.
- Human Sea Vintage spends some time at the Lewisham Street Festival and makes me wish for a street festival in my neighbourhood.
- I'm not a breakfast person, but not having to go to work at the crack of dawn anymore, I should start to make myself some yummy and healthy options: AfterDRK's three healthy breakfast options will definitely come in handy!
- Speaking of breakfast: How about this 'the best porridge' recipe on In Bed's Journal?!
- How good do these photos by Alasdair McLellan for Margaret Howell's AW15 campaign look! And that hair! (via It's Nice That)
- Robbie Lawrence interviews author Sarah Thornton about her book '33 Artists in 3 Acts', on Hey Woman.
- I'm a big fan of Owen Jones – his latest article in The Guardian discusses the refugee topic.
- The New York Times' Laura Rysman introduces us to Evangelia Koutsovoulou and her business 'Daphnis and Chloe', harvesting ancient Greek herbs and shipping them to kitchens all over the world.
- I'm not a big fan of contouring – probably because most people simply overdo it. Meg Lucas, aka Lips So Facto, shares her tips for daytime contouring on Tesco's blog.
Healthy and delicious cakes by the girls of The Hardi Hood. | Beautiful photographs by young talent Sophie Davidson. | One of my favourite Instagrammers, Laura Wastnage, now has a blog all about food and literature (how much better can it get?!): Stove & Prose. I actually included her photography website in the 53rd 'In Seven Days Around The Web'! | A heartwarming project you should all check out: Wir Haben Einfach Gekocht.
Me & Orla's first vlog – and what a lovely video it is!
That's it for this week – what did you come across? Let me know in the comments. :)