In Seven Days Around The Web #67
This week on In A Pavilion: Excuse my lack of posting, after leaving my job at Freunde von Freunden last week and a quick trip to the UK for a hen weekend, I've been enjoying my time at the swimming pool and Berlin lakes to try and avoid this 38°C heat. For now, let's concentrate on some online content that's worth sitting by your overheating laptop for a while!
- I'm not usually one to read the Linkedin articles, but this one struck a chord: Jonathan Salem Baskin on why the old ways of PR are dead.
- The perfect summer energy snack: easy lemon energy balls by Retreat Blog.
- I'm following the Greece crisis closely at the moment – this New Yorker article by John Cassidy is the perfect piece to explain the situation.
- Meg of Lips So Facto is back and breathing new life into her 'Hero Products' series with an ode to the Invisibobble.
- The summer temperatures call for cool bites! That's Food Darling shares her recipe for squash & soba noodle summer rolls.
- The Guggenheim Bilbao is hosting a retrospective of artist Jean-Michel Basquiat this summer – Grafik reports.
- The sailing trip of my dreams: Photographer Meg Porteous takes the family boat Karie-L on a trip to Tonga.
- Maybe my summer holiday read? Hannah-Rose Yee reviews Paris to the Moon for IN BED Journal.
- Want to make the most of the elderflower season? Then try Me & Orla's recipe for elderflower gin.
- I might be late to this party, but Maison Ellis shared 10 products under 10 pounds and it's a useful guide to go by!
- (German) Foxycheeks spricht über ihre Liebe zu Makeup – und ich bin gerührt und stimme ihr voll und ganz zu. Danke für den tollen Artikel!
- Daria of DotDaria shares some beautiful images of her trip to Amsterdam, taken by her friend.
How great are these plant posters by graphic designer Ben Biondo! | The coolest imaginary beauty brand, English School London, as seen on AnOther Magazine. | Mood evoking scents with tradition: Industria, as seen on Style Memos. | A garden I'll have to visit on my next UK trip: Great Dixter in East Sussex, on The Garden Edit.
Summery and upbeat, that's how I'd describe the 'Cork' EP by Ashworth. Perfect for getting some work done!
That's it for this week – what did you get up to and what would you like to see on here soon? Let me know in the comments :)