In Seven Days Around The Web #56
This week on In A Pavilion: Happy Easter everyone! I hope you're all indulging on chocolate eggs and are surrounded by family and friends. Unfortunately, I have been stuck in bed with the flu these past few days, but today the sun's come out to play and I'm on the mend, so I will, too!
What I Read This Week
- One of the best short stories I've read in a while: Me and Orla's Café Stories.
- Ever wondered about the history of blush? T Magazine enlightens us.
- George R R Martin gives us a sneak peek of his new book The Winds of Winter in the form of a whole chapter about Alayne aka Sansa Stark.
- Speaking of Game of Thrones (which is back next week!!!), The New York Times' Jeremy Egner gets to know the new faces of the upcoming series.
- Stil in Berlin now offers a map of the best places around Berlin – I will most certainly have to invest in one, if only to then hand it over to our guests for tips.
- Clare Kane discusses wearing no makeup for a year, on Man Repeller.
- i-D interviews one of my favourite musicians, Marika Hackman.
- Bonjour Luce shares her recipe for no bake energy balls – something I may have to give a go for work to avoid snacking!
- Not sure how to care for your succulents? Then check out the Toast blog!
- Brittany went on holiday to Tel Aviv and shares the best places to eat in the city.
- Emilina is back! In her first blog post she shares some very moving personal things about the past year.
- Bridie shares her March favourites and features two of my all-time Aesop products – that girl can take nice photos!
- Conor Creighton shares his experience of a drug boot camp on Vice.
- Not sure what #freethenipple is all about? Dazed finds out.
- A great The Guardian Long Read: The future of loneliness.
- The Garden Edit visits the Allmende Kontor in Berlin and makes me want to take a visit once I'm back in the city!
What I Discovered This Week
What I Listened To This Week
My friend Yasmin made a beautiful mix for FvF this week. It's beautiful and ambient techno, take a listen!
Cereal releases a "flight track" mixtape to act as a soundtrack during travelling or as inspiration for future trips.
That's it for this week. I hope you're all having a great Easter break!