In Seven Days Around The Web #53
This week on In A Pavilion: Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in the UK! Apart from dancing at an incredible Champs gig, sipping Macha tea at a lovely goodbye party for Johanna Tagada & Jatinder Singh Durhailay and releasing an incredible video portrait of the inspiring Bagru Textiles founder Vijendra Chhipa made by my friends and colleagues on FvF, this week was like any other week. Although spring felt rather far off, I can't help but feel excited about the upcoming sunshine and blossoming of nature! Here are my internet highlights of the week:
What I Read This Week
- Honest London asks Madeleine Moxham a few questions on London.
- As I'm planning a weekend trip to see my sister in Hamburg soon, this post by Stil in Berlin about Café Klippkroog is perfect.
- Cate St Hill introduces me to the incredible brand 'Made By Hand'.
- With the warmer weather comes my yearning for more plants. Needles & Leaves shares the best tips on how to propagate some succulents.
- Style Memos rocks triple denim – and I like the sound of new fashion brand SIDELINE.
- Bridie of Maison Ellis shares her thoughts on Dior's new lightweight foundation.
- A must read for anyone who loves dogs, this article by Will Storr will make you want to get a four-legged friend ASAP.
- By Her Mirror discuss our dependency to the internet.
- You all know how much I love a cinnamon roll – Sara Tasker of Me & Orla shares her recipe for them on the Toast blog.
- Ignant visits painter Erik Schmidt in Wedding, Berlin (my hood) and I love the beautiful images by Ana Santl.
- Nouvelle introduces us to Rebekka Rebekka Jewelry.
What I Discovered This Week
The Garden Edit may just be my favourite discovery of the month, featuring beautiful stories by contributors and an incredible garden themed online shop; the photographs of Laura Wastnage make me yearn for a countryside life with my analogue camera in hand; Me And Orla is a great blog by young mother Sara, which I came across via the Toast blog; Another Country makes beautiful contemporary craft furniture and accessories.
What I Listened To This Week
My friend Yasmin has been creating more beautiful music and this piece has been playing at work a lot this week.
Berlin-based Tula is a new discovery and I really like this song.
What I Watched This Week
Kati Krause talks about magazine publishing at QVED15 – if you'd rather read about it, check out Magculture's article on her talk.
Here is the video FvF made about printer Vijendra Chhipa.
That's it for now, happy Sunday!