In Seven Days Around The Web #48
This week on In A Pavilion: With a friend visiting at the moment and having taken Thursday and Friday off work, this week has been full of activities and drinks. We went to the Botanical Gardens, an experimental film screening, a street food market and more than enough bars. Of course, I also spent some time conducting a list of my current favourite books, magazines and podcasts for the latest installment of Neverending Stories.
Obviously the carrot cake I made on Monday can't go unmentioned!
But now the week is drawing to a close and it's about time I shared my weekly finds with you:
What I Read This Week
- Thanks to a tweet by Hannah-Rose Yee, I read this 2010 Vanity Fair article about Scientology and the Holmes-Cruise divorce.
- Natalie of Magic Surrounds talks natural body- and haircare.
- Manrepeller discusses the modern phenomenon of sale bragging.
- Nouvelle grants us a backstage beauty look at the Chloé S/S 15 show.
- Caroline Hirons finally reviews Sunday Riley's Good Genes product - something that I've been intrigued about for ages.
- Atterley Road visits Alexis Foreman, the mind behind Style Memos, at her home.
- Into The Gloss talk about the best books.
- In Berlin during the Berlinale? Like every year, Stil in Berlin shares the tricks of the trade on how to get yourself a ticket.
- Marie Claire's Hannah-Rose Yee (of Capture the Castle) interviews bright young thing Sophie Cookson.
- Pitchfork has a conversation with Björk - and it's well worth the read!
- Grace of That Grace Girl shares her beauty hacks and also shows us how to celebrate your birthday in style - happy birthday, Grace!
- This feature about the 'Women in Clothes' book on the In Bed Store Blog is right up my street - and it comes as no surprise that Hannah-Rose Yee is yet again behind it!
- Tenneil of Like Neon Love shares some Australian beauty brands on her blog to celebrate Australia day - what a good idea!
What I Watched This Week
Although this is a super old trailer for the Kickstarter campaign for the Joan Didion Documentary - which has since been funded - this trailer is just so moving and makes me very excited for the film to finally be finished!
A video which was shared around at work and which has given me Fernweh!
That's it for this week - as you can see I was pretty busy offline and haven't really had time to accumulate lots of links. Today, I'll spend some time making another carrot cake (the recipe will be coming your way very soon!) and will then be heading to a flea market. How was your weekend?