In Seven Days Around The Web #47
Excuse the rather late arrival of this feature of In Seven Days Around The Web. We're currently in spring cleaning mode and have only just sat down to a cup of tea and some biscuits.
Other than that my week's been a busy one - apart from visiting the Hien Le show at Berlin Fashion Week, I also had the chance to attend a Mezcal and Taco event at the FvF Apartment - I'd never tried Mezcal before and it was so interesting to learn some historic details about it.
What I Read This Week
- Wondering if the Rent Cap would work in the UK? Vice try to find out.
- Kinfolk's Charlotte Heal talks to It's Nice That about their recent redesign.
- The lovely Grace has done a blog post about recommended reading - and included me! I'm honoured to have been included amongst such talented ladies!
- The Coveteur visits Tavi Gevinson at her home.
- Cate Blanchett looks divine in the new Porter Magazine.
- Some of you might know that I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan over here. This spreadsheet, which J K Rowling used to organise the HP plot, is incredible.
- I can sometimes get quite annoyed at brands' spelling mistakes - this article means I now just have to laugh! ALOT!
- (German content) Berlin as the city of love? Apparently so - check out these ten Berlin couples in Zeit Magazin.
- Whistles grants us a backstage look at their new spring/summer collection.
- Cate St Hill asks Danish designer Kristina Dam a few questions.
- Camey of La Petite Primp went camping on the Californian coast and shares some beautiful impressions.
- (German content) I couldn't attend many fashion shows this MBFWB, but newcomer Booby Kolade's show looks incredible and refreshingly un-Berlin! Journelles has all the details.
What I Discovered This Week
I thought I'd try some of Squarespace's new features so here are my discoveries in grid format. From left to right, top to bottom: Stephanie Gundelach just launched her own blog (via Inattendu); IN BED don't just make incredible bed sheets - their journal is also pretty good; Holiday Magazine is a new magazine with a very interesting history - and I need to get my hands on their latest issue which is all about Scotland; How about investing in some original art sometime soon? Introducing: Buy Some Damn Art.
What I Listened To This Week
Brian W Ferry, one of my favourite photographers, has made a great playlist on Spotify - check it out!
What I Watched This Week
Andy Goldsworthy is definitely one of the most famous land artists to date - for their latest issue of Holiday Magazine, Atelier Franck Durand go on a walk with the artist.
If you're on the hunt for some more Youtube videos, this blog post by La Petite Primp might come in handy.
That's it for now, let me know what you got up to!