In Seven Days Around The Web #46
This week on In A Pavilion: After catching a head cold at the start of the week, most of my time was spent recuperating in bed, drinking delicious mint tea my sister had bought me for Christmas. However, the highlight of my week was sleeping in our freshly painted bedroom; last weekend, we finally decided on a paint colour, a deep navy-grey colour, and we painted one wall. Having still not invested into a pair of curtains, the dark wall makes us sleep better and works so well with the wooden floorboards and the white doorframe. I've already taken some snaps and will share them with you next week!
Now to my weekly finds though:
What I Read This Week
- Pale Lily gives us a glimpse into her handbag - and that Josie Maran lip and cheek tint looks so good!
- This article in NY Magazine about a woman keeping her pregnancy a secret from her co-workers was interesting.
- Grace gets it right again - all you need to know about building a lipstick wardrobe.
- This recipe for Shakshouka on That's Food Darling looks delicious and I will have to try it out once my oven has finally been fixed (yes, my oven has been broken for over a month *sad face*).
- Olivia of What Olivia Did talks about why it's ok to earn money from blogging.
- Bridie of Maison Ellis covers everything you need to know about a January revamp.
- Mandy Len Catron of The NY Times talks about modern love.
- This Fruit Blogs likes tiny houses - and so do I!
- Chelsea of The Dauphine is back and her first 2015 post includes some new year's resolutions.
- We get to know Lucy of Bonjour Luce a little bit better.
- (German content) Foxycheeks talks about her broken beauty heart - and I feel with her!
- (German content) On Journelles, Tine talks about the interior trend colour green. Who would have thought I'd fancy some green interior bits?!
- Uniqlo are under fire for promoting sweatshop conditions in China - Ecouterre reports. (via Chambray & Curls)
- Liebe Marlene shares the memoirs and biographies she likes.
What I Discovered This Week
There's a new danish furniture brand on the block and Tine of Inattendu has already featured it on her blog. Meet Woud, who have a mission to create long-lasting original design with meaning, purpose and function. I'm in love!
I made this delicious Hemsley + Hemsley coronation chicken recipe last week and it was delicious both as a curry and as a sandwich filler and will most certainly feature lots in my lunchbox in the next few months.
Tenue de Nîmes has just launched Journal de Nîmes #11, which revolves around the topic of the future.
What I Listened To This Week
A great mix by Will Saul of AUS Music for Rinse FM, that's been playing in the office this week.
I'm a big fan of Laura Marling - and this song, including a beautiful animation was one of my favourite discoveries this week.
What I Watched This Week
Caroline Hirons shares her favourite items of 2014 - if Caroline gives them her seal of approval, then they must be good.
This inspiring video will make anyone want to get up and do some exercise!
That's it for now! Next week, you can look forward to some impressions of our freshly painted wall and possibly even a new edition of the 'New In' series, including some of my Christmas presents. Thanks for reading!