IN SEVEN DAYS AROUND THE WEB #42
It's only one week until I make my way home for the Christmas holidays! As excited as that makes me, it also means there is lots of packing, gift wrapping and organising to do this weekend. Not that I'm complaining!
What I Read This Week
- An interesting interview with Adnan Syed's family on The Guardian.
- A great article on breastfeeding in the arts throughout the years (re this video of Nigel Farage being a literal tit)
- I'm a huge fan of Ana Kras - and she's just done a Christmas gift guide for Need Supply.
- (in German) Fräulein Magazin teilt ein Kapitel aus Mary Scherpes Buch 'An jedem einzelnen Tag'.
- (in German) Meine Freundin Aida hat für Mit Vergnügen einen tollen Artikel über die prekäre politische Lage in Deutschland geschrieben.
- Lilyanna of The Style Pursuit shares her simple recipe for chilli and hazelnut truffles - cannot wait to try this out for myself!
- (in German) Jessie von Journelles schreibt über den Blogger Alltag und wie man als Blogger heutzutage Geld verdient.
- Dabito is making me wish for some festive garlands around my home. And even better, he shares his recipe for festive cocktails.
- Detox is a myth! The Guardian reports on the latest health craze that is based on a lie.
- This entry on Lingered Upon makes me want to go to Paris!
- This is a really inspiring text by blogger Ashley Neese about her friend Lauren Spencer King, featuring beautiful images by Claire Cottrell. The two met through Freunde von Freunden - it's so interesting to see how people meet through FvF!
What I Discovered This Week
If you're looking for inspiration, the platform Another Something & Co. is your best bet!
What I Listened To This Week
When Four Tet creates a two-hour mixtape for BBC Radio 6, I listen. And boy, was it a good one!
This song by Marika Hackman. Her voice is so beautiful!
Bonjour Tristesse has made a mix for Freudian Kicks.
What I Watched This Week
There's a new Netflix series on the block - and although it looks nowhere near as good as House of Cards, Marco Polo definitely delivers on entertainment. I've already watched a few episodes and find it interesting to find out more about Asian history - even if it is told by a European...
That's it, I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend - just one more week and the holidays have finally begun!