Inspired by Luce's post, I thought it was about time I shared some of the things that I've been meaning to do for quite some time. The points on my list range from reading a book (I know guys, I'm a busy bee these days) to visiting Iceland, so prepare to be here for quite some time:
- Paint one wall in the bedroom a different colour. Why not mix things up a bit and introduce some colour into my otherwise quite neutral looking bedroom?! Current favourites in the colour department are a light turquoise and a type of greeny grey. Not the most colourful colours, but hey, it's a start!
- Finally make my own quilt. I've bought the fabric and cut it all in the right-sized pieces, now it's about time I actually started sewing it all together. I used to be really into sewing and was given a sewing machine last christmas. So far, I've managed to make a nice cushion cover and mend a rip in my trousers. Time to go big!
- Start saving money instead of spending it as soon as it reaches my bank account. Yes, really. I'm quite bad when it comes to my own money these days. I used to be one of those people that would walk into a shop with a full wallet and walk out not having spent a penny. Those were the good days, time to start saving again.
- Go on a roadtrip around the West Coast of the US and up to Canada with my friends. The plan is to buy our flight tickets this christmas, fingers crossed! Because I did a foundation year before studying Graphic Communication, I never got to go on a gap year and I'm yearning for some travelling.
- Have a beach holiday, where all I do is read books and relax. I haven't not been on a city break in about four or five years. Now that I work full-time, I can finally appreciate the bliss of doing nothing at all for at least a week. This completely contradicts my previous point on this list, but you can never have enough plans and wishes.
- Learn another language. I've started Spanish on Duolingo but have let it slip recently. Time to start doing it again. I also signed up for a Swedish course this time last year, which I didn't end up doing because of work. I really need to dig out those books again and try and teach it to myself instead of spending my evenings watching Scandal or Outlander.
- Get some photos printed off as postcards and send them to friends. As you can tell, I've been really getting into photography again, especially after splashing out on a new digital camera. Even though I'm already assembling the photos on my photo-Tumblr, I really like the idea of getting my favourite ones printed off and sending them to my friends.
- Start weaving a little tapestry. I'm dying to get more DIYsy, can't you tell? My boyfriend has promised me to make me a weaving frame soon so I can spend those long winter evenings getting crafty.
- Visit Iceland and Japan. It may not happen anytime soon, but I'd love to check out both Iceland and Japan sometime in the next couple of years. Both countries have always fascinated me and are (unfortunately) really pricey...
- Read a book. It seems so simple, yet I have really struggled to start reading a book these days. Working all day has made me be intellectually exhausted in the evenings, meaning I like to watch TV series and procrastinate rather than pick up a book.
- Finally take a trip to Finland. My cousin was born there and her family have always had a close connection to the Scandinavian country. And with incredible designers like Alvar Aalto and photographer Osma Harvilahti originating from this beautiful place, it's about time I finally took a trip to see for myself.
That's it for now, although I'm sure as soon as I've ticked off a few points more will emerge. But hey, life wouldn't be fun if you didn't have any goals, right?!
What's on your bucket list?